Key Characteristics of True Leader
- Leadership is a choice and not a position and not a rank
- leadership does not come with the position a person holds.
- A leader takes accountability
- Leaders just not only take credit but take accountability as accountability and credit are equal equation
- A leader learns to help others first while asking others for help.
- Learning helping each other is key
- A leader speaks last
- Learning to listen is different than learning to speak last
- To ask questions to truly understand why people have their own opinion beyond what they say.
- Humility and gratitude
- To remember all the fancy treatment may be for the position you hold and not just for you.
- A clear vision of the world could exist or not yet exist
- Leaders have followers by clearly speaking about the direction and what the future looks like.
- To articulate the world, and people are inspired to follow and work together.
- Leaders provide a safe place where people love to work, improve and grow
- Working hard for things you love is a passion where working hard for things you don’t like is stress.
- Leaders need to provide a safe environment where the team feels comfortable in expressing vulnerabilities.
- Leaders care more about the lives/life/skillsets of the employes, and the team tends to make sacrifices to contribute.